Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

I have been counting down the days to Thanksgiving this year. I have wanted all of the foods that you have for Thanksgiving since Halloween. We had so much fun with all of our friends. We got together with our child swap group, the same as last year, except this year, we hosted it. It was so much fun and Eric even found place holders on line that he wanted me to make. So this is our table that mostly fit everyone since all the kids didn't sit down at the same time.


This is what the little place holders looked like. I thought they would take WAY less time than they actually did. So I was still working on them when people started showing up. But it was ok, our friends are pretty lax. And they were fun anyway, but don't put them at the kids seats. They want to eat them first and we had a lot of fights and tears over having to eat turkey before they ate their "turkey". It is humorous to think about now. Anyway, I thought they turned out pretty good.


This was our buffet line. Everyone brought two or three things and it was great. Just to list off our food (there was a lot, the perfect THanksgiving feast) we had: tukey, stuffing from the bird, stuffing from a box, and cornbread stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, gravy, wonton salad, green bean casserole, candied yams, rolls, cheese and crackers, a veggie tray, and pickle-olive-cheese spears.


Then we come to the pie. Pumpkin pie (which no one really ate and I thought was funny), mini cherry pies, apple crumble pie, pumpkin cheesecake, coconut cream pie, a brownie peanut butter pie, and blueberry custard pie. THen of course I made the little pie cinnamon rolls with my left over pie dough, that was the kids favoites.


What a wonderful day it was of completely overeating. I think everyone snacked until bedtime. It was so fun. Eric had set up the basement like a "man cave" with a foos ball table, and the wii ready to go.
I think the funniest part of the night was finding Adie in the kitchen up on a chair picking all of the meringue off of the blueberry custard pie. The look on her face was hilarious and oh so guilty. So our left over pie had NO meringue, but that is ok, I am glad she liked it.

2 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

Your placeholders are adorable! You always host in style :) Sooo, I'm dying for that blueberry custard pie.. any chance the recipe will make it to the food blog?!

Gurr Family said...

Yummy!!! Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving.