Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween and a few of my favorite things...updated

So it wasn't me, there is something wrong with my computer. So while my wonderful husband tries to fix it, I am using his to post the pictures.

Here was halloween. Their costumes aren't perfect due to the fact that 1)they are costumes, 2) I made them, and 3) I only got the idea a week before Halloween. But they are ok and everyone understood their costumes. I didn't get a pic of Eric and my costumes, which I kind of regret, which no one understood.

Porter was Mario from MarioKart (64 if you ask Eric) and he loved the hat and car the most. He even let me draw his mustache on several times, then he would lick it off. Makeup must tastes good.

Adie was Princess Peach, also from MarioKart and she loved her crown the most unless I stabbed her in the head. And she definitely did like being a princess, since that is what she thinks that she is.

I think that Eric did an absolutely awesome job on the cars. I was REALLY impressed by them.


SOME OF MY FAVORITE THINGS

My kids of course. We were just trying on coats to make sure they fit and they would not take them off all morning. They even put their boots on. They love them now, but come January/February they might think a little differently about them.

Adie absolutely loves her dollies. She is constantly telling me that her dollies love her. It is so cute and she really does try to take care of them, wrap them in blankets, feed them, etc. It is fun to watch.

I woke up to this the other morning. Dark clouds, bright sun on the horizon shining on golden trees.

Porter just being silly

Adie playing under the table

One weekend we were babysitting some friends kids so they could go on a date and we went apple picking with Eric's class. It was a lot of fun and the kids were definitely well behaved. But I definitely do not want 5 kids under the age of 4. That would be too hard. These are Porter and Adie's good friends so they had fun. The oldest ,Megan, was 4, then Katie and Porter are 2 months apart, then Adie is 2 years younger, then the youngest, Laura, is 9 months younger than Adie. We were busy, but it was definitely fun.
I hope Natalie doesn't hate me for putting this picture up, but it was one of the funnest nights that we have had recently. A whole bunch of friends over (I can't remember what for) and we played this cookie game where you start with the cookie on your forehead and without hands move it down your face into your mouth. Carl Fricke was the best at it by far. I have a video of it with all the finalists but for some reason they are not working. So you will just have to ask Carl about it if you want to know. But it was a blast. One of my favorite things to do.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Your Mario costumes were adorable!!

Gurr Family said...

Glad to hear from you again. Your kids are getting so big. They are adorable.

Retro Plants said...

how fun!
the kids looked adorable in their costumes. . . what an AWESOME idea!
totally geek chic!