Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Adie's Birthday

I can't believe she is already two. It just blows my mind and makes me a little sad. She is getting so big and doing so much. Here are some things about her that show her little personality.
  • She has an opinion about everything from cereal to how to layer her blankies to who can touch her and when.
  • She loves both monkeys (and acts like one on a regular basis), and princesses (which I don't think she has ever acted like one)
  • She has been potty trained for almost a month now and doing great
  • She loves babies and almost always has one close by even if she is playing rocket ship with her brother.
  • She absolutely adores her brother and will do almost anything that he says, which sometimes gets her into trouble.
  • She loves to help cook even if all she can do is hold a spoon and taste test the end product.
  • Her dada is her hero. She talks about him all day and is the only person that she will really snuggle with. She is more devestated when he leaves than she has ever been with me.

We sure love that little girl. She amazes us every day. If you have talked to her recently I am sure that she has mentioned to you about her monkey birthday. She has been so excited about it for months, not that she really knew what a birthday was. But let me tell you, her party was a lot of fun except for her crying. Here are some pictures of her family party and with her friends. It was a wild time.

Thanks to Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Stevenson for the tea party set and princess shoes.

This was her monkey cake. I have to say having cocoa krispies on a cake is one of the best ideas anyone ever came up with. It was SO delicious.

All her little buddies that she loves and talks about regularly minus one. There's Tyson, Brielle, and Valorie couldn't make it but we thought about her. Along with Kaleb, and baby Lexi. It was fun.

Then this is what I found them doing this morning, so of course I had to get out some snacks so they could have a REAL tea party.....well, they had water, pretzles, marshmellows, and ritz crackers, but it might as well have been a real tea party with the way they were acting.

2 comments:

Gma King said...

I love tea parties. The cake turned out darling. You are so amazing at everything. Even fitting a turkey in the freezer while talking on the phone. You are my hero. I wish I could have been there.

Nikki said...

Look at you be mom of the year, so jealous on the potty training thing...we're just getting started, wish me luck.