Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Reflection

As many here in Buffalo already know. We recieved some very sad news Monday morning as we got up to get ready for the day. A wonderful friend of ours had passed away.


Megan came here to Buffalo (from Hawaii) so her husband could join our class in dental school. How much fun it was to spend time with them. This summer while giving birth to her first child, she was diagnosed with leukemia. It has been a long battle for her with many ups and downs, the pain, being away from her new born child, not being at home with her wonderful husband, etc. She is one of the strongest people that I know. I have always admired her attitude. She was always smiling, always making new friends. Everyone that knew her loved her. Even in the hospital she just smiled as best she could. We loved her dearly. Very earlly Monday morning, Megans poor body just couldn't fight anymore. She slipped away from this mortal life to enter into the open and loving arms of our Savior.


There are so many times I have asked "why? It's not fair, her baby needs her, her husband needs her! Why does it have to be her?" I have really had to dig into my testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to find peace. And when thinking about her beautiful daughter that will never know in this life the amazing mother that she has, I have been reminded that this is also of trial for her. But you can bet that the spirit in that little girl is just as amazing and strong as that of her mother. As I have had the opportunity over the last two days to reflect on life and death I have learned a lot of things.

I know that the plan of salvation is true. I know that this life is not the end. My faith in my Savior is not questioned by trials that come our way. Unfortunately for us here still on this earth we lose some of the best people first. I have known quite a few good, amazing people that have passed away all too young from this life. But I also know that there is a work for them to do on the other side, and since they have accomplished what they needed to on this earth, they are called home to do a greater work. I am so grateful for the beautiful temples that we have on this earth that dot the land to make it so that we can be with our families not just "til death do we part", but for all eternity. Her wonderful loving husband and beautiful daughter will see her again and will be with her forever. The peace of that knowledge is undenyable and unexplainable. I know that the Savior love us, and I know He has a plan for each of us with different trials, but if we turn to Him, he will guide us home.

We love you Megan, and will miss you dearly. And we love you Ryan, and Rylee.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Can I say that I am so very sorry for this family's loss. I had tears in my eyes reading this. I lay here looking at my baby boy who is about the same age and I am so grateful for him and my other kids and our health. I think we often take that for granted and I am so thankful for it and the knowledge that we are and can be a family forever.

BriANDaleen said...

Thank you for sharing, and the wonderful reminder. This story brought tears to my eyes! I thoughts go with this young family!!!

Retro Plants said...

we will *always* miss Megan.
she had a big heart.
it's good to know she is on the other side looking out for all of us. . . a true angel!