Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Most recent events

We have had so much go on and I am way behind anyway, so here is what is most recent and then I will slowly go backwards.

My grandparents came out to visit and we had so much fun. The kids loved having them here but I think I confused them because I naturally call them grandma and grandpa, but Porter is used to the King grandparents and the Nielsen grandparents, but he was ok with it after a while. We went up to Niagara Falls (which I forgot my camera so the picture will be coming soon). And then of course went to Duff's afterward on the way home. They seemed to really enjoy it, I hope they weren't just humoring us.

They loved playing with the kids and this is the these are the type of things they did, along with crashing cars alot. Porter had to show them all of his toys, twice.



We also got to celebrate grandma's 73 birthday. (na na na na na na) I was glad that she wanted to, and it gave me an excuse to make a cake and practice my decorating skills. So we had a fun breakfast with our cool happy birthday table cloth, got to hang up our happy birthday sign and then go out to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Although we didn't get any cheesecake, but we had cake at home. So these are all the fun pictures. And I have to say that I am proud of how the cake turned out.








Poor Adie only got goldfish


They also got to experience our horrific electrical storms that followed them from Calgary. Sorry I don't have a picture of those, but we were all up from about 2-3 am watching it because the lightning never stopped. Thank goodness for a good sturdy roof, and a/c.

4 comments:

Retro Plants said...

How FUN!
that is awesome that your grandparents are still around for your kids to know them! :)
they are CUTE too! :)
grandparents always put a smile on your face :)
Happy Birthday to your Nana. . . that cake was AWESOME! you are quite the artista! :)
you will have to show me how. . . did you use fondant?
well. . . it turned out beautiful Melis!

p.s. those electrical storms were horrible!
woke me up at 2 a.m. and i was even scared! i am with you for the thankfullness of a roof. . . now we just need A.C.! HA! :)

Gurr Family said...

How fun that would could spend time with your grandparents. They are cute. I love your cake. My mom decorates cakes and I don't have an ounce of that skill in my body so I envy you. We miss you out here.
We just got a new bishop here in the 65th ward and it will be interesting to see how that goes.

Chrissy said...

Grandma & Grandpa (or mom & dad to me) told me about your wonderful cake and everything else you guys did on the way home from the airport. The cake is BEAUTIFUL!! Trust you to be able to do that. And they were not just humoring you - they had a wonderful time. I love hearing all the stories of our cute Porter and Adie.

Ron and Ginny said...

We had a wonderful time with you and we loved going to Niagara Falls and Duffs. It was delicious and we finally know why Buffalo wings are called that. Nothing to do with the animal but the city. Our best thing was being with you, Eric and the kids. That was the very best of our whole trip was being together and being loved and loving all of you. xoxoxoxoxo