Sunday, August 16, 2009

Utah or bust

We traveled to Utah this summer for a kind of family reunion. We got to see all of Eric's siblings except for one. So our kids got to meet most of their cousins from that side. It was a lot of fun. Adie got to go on her first plane ride and actually first trip anywhere. They both did so good on the plane. Porter was just so excited to be on one, he didn't want to go to sleep even when he was exhausted. And we had a lot of fun things to do to keep him busy so he would be happy. They both just loved it.

I don't know if you can tell in the picture (it's kind of dark) what they are doing, but one of Porter's favorite things to do in the airport was to ride the moving walkways. So that is what we did, Eric and I took turns taking him on the moving walkways. He had so much fun on them.

Porter also got to ride one of grandma Nielsen's horses. This is Porter riding Sage. He loved being a big boy and riding all by himself. Last time he had to ride with Dada.


If we couldn't find Porter, this is what he was doing. He loved having the kitties with him up on the tramp. If they got off he would get down and put them back on them climb back up. He definitely got his exercise while we were there.


We also got the chance to go to Lagoon with my mom, niece, and nephews. It was fun to see them and spend time with my mom. I am glad that she was willing to drive down to Utah from Oregon to see us. We had a lot of fun with them there as I had only ever been there once, it was raining, and I was pregnant. This time was much more fun. This is us on the carousel, and we had a picture of Porter on every ride, but I am sure that it wouldn't be as exciting to you as it was to me.

So here is Porter on the boats with his cousin Theron. I haven't seen these boys in a while so it was good to spend time with them.


Porter also got to ride his very first roller coaster. I was affraid that he would get scared but he loved it so much he must have ridden it three or four times. And he would laugh the entire time he was on there. It was cute. If you can see Eric in the red shirt, Porter is right next to him.


I am also really grateful for Eric's mom who invited my sister and her family, and my mom up for dinner that Sunday. It was great to see Amy and talk to her again. We loved spending time with all the family. We had a big dinner at Eric's sister Camilla's house with everyone Saturday night which was a blast. She made a Japanese dish that for the life of me I can't remember what they are called, and probably wouldn't be able to spell it anyway. It was delicious! Then got to play a fun game with whipped creme that had everyone laughing so hard. If you want to know what it is let me know and we'll invite you over to play it.

This is Adie with her cousin Rachel that is only a couple of weeks younger than her. This is the first time they ever met and they had no problems playing around each other.


Almost all the sisters, but only two of the kids, Adie and Rachel.


Grandma Nielsen (Mother) with all the grandkids that were there.


Grandpa Nielsen (dad) with Adie and I think Tiana (she has a twin)

We also spent a day out on Willard Bay with the boat, but I didn't take any pictures. Porter even got out on the tube with me for a little while, but then got a little too scared. Adie just hated the life jackets and opted to stay on shore with grandma. But it was a lot of fun.

2 comments:

kerstins blogg said...

Så söta :)

Gurr Family said...

Sounds like you had a great time.