Saturday, April 4, 2009

Ode to Eric


I just wanted to do a special post for my sweet husband for his birthday. Sometimes I think it is unfair that he is younger than me, but I chose him so I guess it is my fault. But I wanted to share with everyone the top 25 reasons why I love him (not in any particular order).

1. He can always make me laugh, even if I am trying to be mad at him

2. He can make our children laugh more than anyone else I know, and they adore him.

3. He is all mine and no one elses
4. He makes cute babies
5. He has soft hair that I love to touch.

6. He trusts me completely, even to cut his hair, and shave his face

7. He has bigger feet, and hands than I do (one of my marriage requirements, silly I know, but there were plenty of guys that I dated that had smaller hands and feet than me)


8. He is very much a people person which helps me get out of my bubble more than I would by myself.

9. He quotes movies with me, and can really stump me with them

10. He loves my cooking, or at least eats it anyway

11. He is strong
12. He makes me want to be better (and sometimes even to be better than him. He brings out the competitive side of me)

13. He plays sports with me

14. He watches the kids so I can go and "really" exercise.

15. We can just be silly together

16. He loves me for who I am and not what I look like (which can be pretty scary, especially right after I have had a baby, or am sick)

17. He takes care of me no matter the situation

18. He teaches me

19. He will help whoever needs it, whenever they need it.

20. He can do whatever he puts his mind to and excel at it. If he doesn't know how to do something, he will research until he figures it out (which saves us lots of money)

21. He has gained weight with me during each pregnancy so I have never weighed more than him.

22. He gives me backrubs just about every day, and is learning to braid my hair

23. He cleans the kitchen, vacuums, cooks, does laundry, mows the lawn, washes the car, cleans bathrooms, changes light bulbs, bathes kids, climbs up on the roof to fix our chimney cover, cleans up puke and poop....nothing is too low (or to high) for him.

24. He still gives me butterflies when he kisses me.

25. He lets me have alone time.

2 comments:

Tyson & Rebecca Sloan (Mr. Incredible & his sweetheart) said...

One thing I always have loved about Eric is he will eat just about anything(and lots of it)as if it is the best meal he has ever had!

Ron and Ginny said...

That was a darling idea and I loved it as much as I love Eric. That would be fun to do for Grandpa but I would have to think up 77 reasons why I love him.