Sunday, April 12, 2009

Fish all gone...

This is really a catch up and the title has nothing to do with it except this is now Porters favorite phrase. Especially when I am trying to ask him to do something or when I tell him he can't watch Finding Nemo (his new favorite). Anyway, I have been so caught up with birthdays and holidays that I haven't done any real posting, so here you go.

The story begins with my success with a chicago style pizza, I guess is what you call it, it is like a meat stuffed pizza. It was so good. And it was HUGE! I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but you really couldn't eat more than one piece. It was a lot of fun to make. I loved it.
Porter and Adelaide really love spending time together, they have fun just making each other laugh. It is fun to watch that as a parent, and when it happens, I stop whatever I am doing and find myself just staring and smiling at my two beautiful children. What a blessing they are in my life even though I am exhausted. I think they were watching either Finding Nemo or a Goofy Movie. Porter was sick and we were trying to keep him relaxing so he would get better.


Adelaide has started teething, which has made her more cranky than usual and will either just sit there with her mouth open while we massage her gums, or she will do this.


Hey, as long as it keeps her happy and cuts those teeth through faster I am all for it. And she won't take a "me me" or binky, so fingers and blankets are the next best things. (It must be from Eric's side because I had my "me me" for years. I actually remember the day my mom made me cut the nipple part off so I couldn't use it anymore.)
Conference was a wonderful weekend filled with the spirit and great insight into what I need to do better in my life. This week will start the beginning of my effort to do better. As with the rest of my family, we made crepes for breakfast, with lil smokies and eggs. Although Eric makes his crepes with lil smokies and eggs, mine were made of strawberries, whipped cream, and chocolate chips....mmmm....that is the only way to have them.


We were also able to have fun treats at each session. So if you ever want to come to our house for conference, you are always invited. Just show up in your jammies with a blankie and pillow. We will even have a bingo card ready for you.
Adie also started to eat solid foods....well, cereal (if you really want to call that solid.) She loves it and opens wide when she knows its coming. What a good girl. Here she was sad that it was all gone.

And if she doesn't finish it, then her brother surely will. I think he is weird because I wouldn't want to eat it.
With Eric's bday right after conference we had A LOT of food around our house. Thanks to all those that came a celebrated. Eric sure loved it. I had a lot of fun planning his surprise party. I was so proud of myself with the cake that I made him, then I forgot to take a picture of it....stupid me. Well, I don't know if you can tell but it was a quarter since he turned 25. I had so much fun making it. It was also my first time making a checkerboard cake which turned out really good. Thanks Laura.
And this is what we woke up to April 7th.


I guess we live in Buffalo, NY.
And last but not least, HAPPY EASTER! Porter still didn't understand about the basket but that is ok, we are focusing a little more in teaching him that Easter is about Christ. But he does like the candy. We hope you all had a wonderful Easter Sunday full of the spirit.

6 comments:

Tyson & Rebecca Sloan (Mr. Incredible & his sweetheart) said...

I love the pictures!!! It looks like Porter is his father's son in eating everything! haha.
The sibling love is soo cute!!! And I love your creations and well to be honest you!
Rebecca

Gurr Family said...

Sounds like you guys are doing great and your kids are adorable.

Jacob and Katie said...

I think there should be a new rule that every time you post food you should put the recipe because everything looks so good!

Garth, Melissa and all the Crazies said...

How did you fit that pizza in your oven? Your kids are so cute btw. I hope Hugh is as good to my next as Parker is to Addy.

Heather said...

Nice work on the pizza! We love pizza too. And the crepes look yummy and the kids are adorable! Cute Easter outfits.

Gma King said...

it's fun to see all you are doing. Addie's Easter dress is really cute. I'm glad you had one because I never found one that I liked enough to send to you.
Sorry you have to settle for easter socks.