Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy Anniversary

So today is mine and the love of my life's 3 year anniversary. I can't believe it has already been three years. That and we have two wonderful children. I just want everyone to know how much I love and adore my husband. We have been through a lot of hard times together in the last 7 years that we have known each other, and our love has only grown. What a blessing he is in my life. Although we can't really celebrate much because it is finals time I am just excited to still have him around. I am really grateful that I was able to talk him in to marrying me (heh, heh....I did have to convince him a little). Here are some fun pictures from when we were younger and skinnier.






My favorite pic

We had a lot of fun. Thanks Natalie and Thayne, Eric was really surprised and we had a great time together. We went to Duff's which we decided was going to be our new anniversary tradition while we are here in Buffalo. Then after the kids were in bed and Eric had studied a little, we made vanilla malts and watched Madagascar 2, so romantic I know. But it was fun none the less. I love spending time with the love of my life, and I can't tell you how excited I am that I get to be with him not only for life, but for eternity. What a blessing it is to have been married in the holy temple by someone (in our case, Grandpa Ricks) who has the authority from God to seal couples together forever. I love it!

5 comments:

Tasha said...

Congrats!! :)

Betzy said...

Congratulations! We will hit our 3 yr mark in a little over two wks. We should get together & celebrate together sometime this month after all the finals stress wears down a bit. Congrats again!

Gurr Family said...

You two are a cute couple congrats on 3 years. Won't it be fun to have a 0 added on the end of it soon. It will go by so fast.

Heather said...

Awhh so cute! Love the old pics. Happy Late Anniversary!

Natalie said...

Melissa- I love the engagement pics of you and Eric. We'll watch the kids again for you next year so you can go to Duffs again!