Thursday, October 23, 2008

October Observations

Fall is here and we love living in a place that turns such vibrant colors. This is a bush in our backyard. It was yellow for a very short period of time and now it just looks like it is on fire. Unfortunately we had a big storm come through and blew most of the leaves off now. But we can tell that winter is just around the corner as it snowed the other day and gets really cold at night.


With October comes Halloween. The fun part is having kids this time of year. So we went out to a pumpkin farm that is somewhat close to us. It was fun for us and Porter thought he was in heaven. He wanted to climb on everything. We thought this pyramid was pretty impressive.


Porter picked out a pumpkin and even though it was kind of small he still couldn't lift it. So we also got some really little pumpkins that he could carry around.

This was fun. Porter wanted take it home and use it as a slide. These are huge! I wonder how they get them this big.

So my school does research and pay money to the participants, which usually end up being students. Well I volunteered and had a bad experience because... I lost a central incisor and the other started bending to fill up the gap. Needless to say the researchers will fix them after their experiment is complete.

So what really happened....Eric came in to wake me up one morning asking me to look at his teeth because they hurt. I was so confused in my morning delirium by his request in the first place wondering why he would ask me and not one of his dental school buddies. So when I first saw him I could do nothing but laugh. I guess his whole dental class made these for Halloween and everyones looked totally different. The funniest part is that I had just asked him a couple days before if he had made any because I saw someone elses and he told me "no". What a fibber. But I have to say that it was the most hilarious suprise. Eric just doesn't understand why I won't kiss him with them in...go figure.

Also the baby has finally dropped so the day is coming soon. Everyone around here gives me two weeks. We just hope that it is after Eric's big gross anatomy test that is Nov.7th.

4 comments:

Allanna said...

Just the way that you said the "big gross anatomy test" makes me laugh.

All I can think is "Anatomy test. GROSS!!" *a la Napoleon Dynamite*

Hoping that you have a fast and easy labor!!

John & Sarah said...

I can't tell the difference in Eric's picture...what am I missing? Just Kidding! I thought it was another FHE activity. Porter is so adorable! I wish I could just pick him up and run away with him. Of course, he's so big I probably couldn't run very fast. Anyway, love to you all!

Jacob and Katie said...

I've been snooping around and I finally found your blog! I'm so excited to hear that the new baby is coming so soon. You are lucky Eric didn't make vampire teeth and tries to bite you while you are sleeping like Jacob lol. Good luck with the baby and if you need anything we're not too far away!

Heather said...

Melissa!! I am so happy you found me. Your little boy is adorable! SOunds like you guys are doing well and best of luck with the new addition coming soon. We will be in touch for sure. I will add you to our blog links so I won't loose you again:)