Monday, July 18, 2011

4th of July and summer fun

We have had a lot of things going on lately. Here is just a little catch up.
The forth of July
Adie was the only one brave enough to hold the sparkler. Porter wanted to do it after they were all burned, of course.

We went to the local parade. We ended up sitting with a whole bunch of friends that live around us and didn't know they were going. Glad we say them, it was a blast. Porter and Adie didn't quite get the idea of running out into the street to get candy that was thrown. I am a little torn on whether that is a good thing or not.

Our red kids after the parade. They are just hot and sweaty. We did have sunscreen on and the next day they were all tan, except for Lottie. She was completely covered the whole time.
Random
This is Porter with one of his best friends. We didn't know they had the same shirt, and wore it on the same day. So we had to take a picture.
Blessing
We blessed Charlotte on July 10th with all our family in town. It was a lot of fun. We wanted to get a picture of her in her dress, but she didn't want to cooperate. So I will have to try again soon.
Family
I wish I had taken more pics, but my hands were a little full, or I just forgot. I am going to get some from family that took pics, but this is the second round of family that came. Eric's brother Kevin, his wife Laura and their little boy Trent. It was so much fun to have them.
We went out to Palmyra, saw the sights, went to the Grandin Press where the Book of Mormon was first printed. It is a wonderful place. Then went to the Hill Cumorah and saw the pageant. If you haven't seen it, it is definitely worth the trip. Our mail lady has been several times, she is not LDS, loves it and tells everyone to go. So seriously, everone should make the trip. They always do it in July, the second weekend and third full week.

Charlotte turned 2 months old. I don't have her stats yet, but will get them this week. She is big, and I can't believe how fast she is growing.

Porter asks almost everyday to play in the sprinkler. I totally indulge him because everything needs to be watered since we are in a "drought". (meaning it hasn't really rained in several weeks)

This is one of my favorite atempts at getting a picture of Lottie smiling. She looks like such a chunk. But yes, her hair is usually in a fro. I guess it just naturally has a lot of lift in the roots.

I love this picture too because it reminds me of my moms baby picture that I grew up looking at in my grandparents room. It just makes me happy.

1 comment:

Mike, Kalie, Jason, Lexie and Colden said...

Love the pic of the baby in her blessing gown, and the one with the teddy bear!