Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Stuff

So this isn't in the order that I wanted it but I am too lazy to care right now.
Father's Day turned out perfect I thought. I made cinnamon swirl french toast with buttermilk syrup for breakfast. If it didn't take so darn long to make, I think I would do it more often. Then for dinner we had steaks, berry brie, and some other stuff for dinner. It was delish. This was what we (the kids actually did help) made for Eric. They are pop top cans filled with his fav candies. He thought that was pretty cool, which made me happy that he really liked them.
Then the pie turned out perfect and was one of the best I have ever had. It is a five fruit pie consisting of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, apples, and rhubarb (even though technically it is a vegetable). Wow, what a great pie.
Here is my mom with the girls. Porter only wanted to take the picture, not be in it. She was such a great help. And it took me quite a while....in fact I am still getting used to not having her here to help.
And the traditional bum shot. Usually we only have these with a wedding and all of my sisters. But alas, my kids have joined in the fun. The funny thing is this is actually a tantrum throwing party on the couch.
Our first picture of our family of 5. I can't believe it.
Somewhere in there, Charlotte turned one month. I can't believe how fast time flies. I totally forgot that she was one month until grandma reminded me. Hense the jammies and the mohawk bedhead look she is sporting.
Here's her stats.
10 lbs. 11 oz.
22 3/4 in long
holds her head up
Starting to like to be put down when she sleeps
is mastering breathing out of her mouth (she has a stuffy nose)
She rolls over on to her side all the time
she has rolled from back to tummy twice
during tummy time she scoots herself forward
she is very opinionated and will let EVERYONE know when she is unhappy
she takes a "me-me" (a pacifier) which is a blessing to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new little girl that is such a cutie and I have to say that your pie looks AMAZING!!! I need to take lessons from you :)

Ron and Ginny said...

Darling pictures of our darling g-grandchildren and grandcouple. We love you all so much. I haven't looked at anyone's blog since before Charlotte was born. So fun to be able to go back and see them all. Wish we could know them better and they us.