Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring Break!

Yay for Spring Break. We had all of these fun things planned to do then.....

(those with weak constitutions may not want to read the following)

Porter woke up Saturday night and he had thrown up all over the place. It took us a good hour to clean it all up and get him back in bed. It was nasty. So Eric stayed home from church with Porter and apparently he threw up again that morning. But Sunday night he was acting ok so we thought maybe he just ate something bad. Sunday night he wakes up again and has thrown up and it takes us another hour to clean it up and get him back in bed. After that he was just tired a lot so he slept and we tried to keep fluids in him and bland foods. By Tuesday he was acting fine so we thought is was all over. On Wenesday we went to the zoo and saw all kinds of fun animals. They had an elephant walking around the zoo, it was fun to get so close to it. Then, he wakes up Thursday night and has thrown up again.

Conclusion no more grapes and multi-grain breads for a while.

Then on Friday I started to feel sick, thought nothing of it thinking it would just pass. I was completely incapacitated on the couch for all of Saturday. I couldn't to anything to take care of the kids, I could hardley feed Adie...it was ridiculous. I started to get really worried because I couldn't even keep water in me. I thought I was going to dehydrate and my milk would dry up. Luckily neither happened. Early Sunday morning I started to feel better, but we all ended up staying home from church so Eric could take care of all of us.

We finally thought it was all over and then we wake up Monday morning (school is in again) and Porter has thrown up again and then slept in it all night. I felt like such a horrible mom because I didn't even know. And he had the worst diarrhea as well, poor boy. So Eric hurried to help me clean up before he had to leave. Unfortunatley I wasn't 100% better so I was in tears by the time Eric had to leave. So he went to the classes he needed to and came home to help me. Poor guy, he didn't really get a break at all.

After reading you probably understand why there are no pictures on this week. There will be more soon.

5 comments:

Gurr Family said...

Oh I am so sorry. I hate those weeks they are the worst. I hope you are all feeling better. What a great husband to take care of all of you. I am glad that your milk didn't dry up. I lost my milk in January for no apparent reason and it is frustrating. Anyways I hope all is well for you.

Angela said...

I love your family picture!!! What a great looking family...and Melissa your hair is cute!

Jennifer said...

Man, that sounds like a tough week!!! I hope you are all feeling better now! I just hate the feeling of my kids being sick :(

I love the new picture of the family!! It is so cute! Your hair looks great - I love the cut and the color looks awesome!

Tyson & Rebecca Sloan (Mr. Incredible & his sweetheart) said...

Oh, I am so sorry, you guys! I hope things get better soon and spring comes your way. It really stinks to be sick cause everyone is depending on you. I am proud of Eric for helping out so much. I have seen his face when it comes to others being sick (haha). I wish I could do something for you, but I guess all I can do is send you my love.

Jacob and Katie said...

I'm sorry to hear about the sicknesses :-(. Glad to hear you were able to make a trip to the zoo. You and Eric make such a good team and I hope Porter is feeling better.