Friday, August 17, 2012

Big Man on Campus

Well, today was the day.  My little man started Kindergarten.  He was so excited he not only made his own bed, but he made his sisters too.  He did everything before he even ate breakfast.  I was way more nervous than he was.  I think he was just super excited to ride the bus, and use a lunch box for the first time.  It is angry birds.  So cute!

As we waited at the bus stop for his bus, he would not stop talking.  He kept telling me that after kindergarten we were going to go back to Buffalo.  I hate to break it to him, but that just isn't going to happen.  And then he said that he was "going to be good behave, and listen to Jesus Christ and his teacher."  I think that we need to add mom and dad in there too.  Anyway, he was jumping up and down as he saw the bus come around the corner.  But when it stopped and opened the doors, the look on his face changed.  You could see he was nervous, but didn't want to let anyone know.  So he climbed right up and went to an empty seat in the back all by himself.  Poor kid, so nervous.  But the driver was so good, and said he would watch out for him after asking if it was his first day on a bus, and in Kindergarten. 

Needless to say I walked home (across the street) in tears to a husband who was laughing at me.  I did drive to his school to make sure he was ok, but it was a zoo!  So I found where the busses dropped off and saw that of course it was organized and that he was going to be just fine.  I can't believe it.  Adie was crying about missing her brother, and doesn't really know what to do without him.  He is going to be gone so long.  I am sure that I am going to be in tears on and off all day.  I can't believe he is so big.  Way to go Port!!!  I know you will do great!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

this makes me tear up! I'm with Porter, come back to Buffalo!!! I can't believe Porter is so big. I'm going to call you sometime soon so we can catch up. Love ya!

Lynae said...

Yay for Porter! And for you. :) I keep reading Tiffany's blog to see updates on you. I'm glad you updated and hope you are enjoying Tulsa!

Ron and Ginny said...

So exciting to see that darling boy and realize he is so big and helpful. We can hardly wait to see you and have lots of hugs. xoxo