Sunday, January 24, 2010

3 years?!

I can't believe it. Porter was born three years ago. That just doesn't seem possible. Eventhough he is mistaken for a 4 or 5 year old sometimes. He is still my little boy. I love him so much and am glad that he came into our family. Life wouldn't be the same without him.

Porter wanted to have a dinosaur party (with a little encouragment from me) and we had a blast. He loves dino's now and Adie even knows how to say "dino". He invited some of his friends over for a party of games, cake and ice cream. The cake didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it to and everyone was at our house before I even got to ice it. But the kids and adults knew what it was so that was ok. It was a great learning experience for me. Porter picked out the color and this was his stegosaurus cake. If you ever talk to Porter about his party he calls the spikes on its back "bones" and he usually refers to the ones on his tail.



Porter got shoes and the coolest dinosaur from grandma and grandpa Nielsen. It moves on its own and Porter has finally conquered his fear of moving toys (with the help of this dino and Adie, she never was affraid of it) and he plays with it non stop now.


He also got his own kitchen to play with. He likes to make Adie and me lunch. He is going to be a little chef with how much he likes to cook with me. So now he gets to make his own. And he and Adie play with it together really well. This is the other thing that he doesn't stop playing with.


We even had a picnic on Friday with his kitchen stuff (and real food) for lunch. The kids were so excited. The just sat there and ate. We had lil smokies wrapped in crescent rolls, clementines, carrot sticks, and milk. Adie had to have one little hot dog in each hand at all times in order to be happy. It was such a blast. Maybe we should do that more often.


He got a whole bunch of other presents too that I just didn't take pictures of. He got some really fun trucks (fire and ambulance), a whole bunch of clothes, road signs, bath crayons, and a dino quilt for his bed. He was jumping up and down the whole time saying "presents just like christmas!". It was so funny. I sure love that kid.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They grow up so fast huh?! He is a cutie and so is your little girl! I LOVE your header family picture! You have such a CUTE family!!!

Gurr Family said...

I am right there with you. I just posted Carson's 3rd B-day party. He is a big-little boy. So fun and such a cute family.

Oh random- I just watched extreme makeover- home edition and they were in Buffalo. I thought of you guys.
Miss you!!!

Crystal Hendrix said...

Very Pretty cake!

The Zwahlens said...

Cute cake! We have that play kitchen too and love it. Happy bday, Porter!

Lynae said...

Happy Birthday to Porter, late, and the cake looks great in my opinion!

Erica said...

Wow time really does fly!!
Happy Birthday Porter!