Thursday, June 4, 2009

A few of my favorite things....

So over memorial day weekend we went camping with a bunch of friends. We had such a blast and Porter loved that he got to be outside all the time, he never had to go in except during bedtime. It definitely wasn't what Eric thinks of as camping, or even what I am used to for that matter, but we had a lot of fun anyway. Here are some pictures from where we were.
Yes, there was a huge slide there, and it was fast
Yeah for digging in the dirt

Our friends

This is Porters best friend. He always wants to be with her, and usually sits by her in nursery. They even hold hands every once in a while. It's cute.

And on Sunday morning when we woke up, I came downstairs to this.

If you can't tell, Porter has put a little bit of trail mix on each plate. After that he put them on the table like he was making breakfast for us or something. It was really cute.
Porter has really gotten into having "fun" lunches. It seems to be the best way for me to get hime to sit down without a fight. He loves to have sandwiches that are cut into shapes. This is his favorite.


On another randome note...Porter has learned a new song. Eric and I were cracking up all last night because he kept singing it over and over. It is fun to watch him learn.

5 comments:

Gurr Family said...

That video is hilarious. He is so cute. And the breakfast that me made for you...so sweet.

Jacob and Katie said...

I think the letters leading up to P were my favorite, haha, cute kid... Only on special occasions my mom would cut the crust of my sandwiches, so the car would have got me excited for lunch too!

Retro Plants said...

how fun to go camping!
we want to do that. . . but are hesitant because of the two chiddlers. you guys are brave!
we will have to be brave too and just go. . . indy would love that!
at this age all the kids want to do is be outside :) hallelujah for the weather to permit that!

Ron and Ginny said...

How cute is that? Porter singing is adorable. I absolutely love our great-grandchildren. I wish we all lived on the same block. At least we see Ashton once in awhile. He is darling.

Lynae said...

That video of Porter singing the ABC's is sooo cute! :)