Tuesday, January 23, 2007

New Addition to the Family


On January 19th we welcomed Porter Paul Nielsen into our family after the long 9 month wait. He weighed 8 lbs. 3 oz. and was 19.5 inches long, not counting his long toes. He is a smorgasbord of both mom and dad with definite features from both sides. He is learning and growing so fast. He already knows how to tell us when he is hungry, can get his hands out of any mitten or covers that you put on his hands, and can still squish into a ball the size of moms tummy when she was pregnant with him. His talents are endless. We look forward to seeing all of his new firsts that are going to happen every day.

2 comments:

Jana Mae said...

Congratulations on your new addition to the family. Porter is one handsome boy! He does have amazing toes...I can even tell from the picture! :) Take care of yourselves. I will see you all soon. I love you all.

Unknown said...

Just so you know, Tyson loves Porter to death. He thinks it is so great to be an uncle. He say Porter is 'HIS nephew!'whenever I talk about my nephew. He loves kids as much as I do. I love you all. It was so fun to visit you and to see you. Good luck in Arizona!
Love Rebecca